Tuesday, July 31, 2012

JULY 31, 2012

Lord There is no One Beside You

I had a hard night last night.  Couldn't sleep because I had so much going through my head.  Having my devotions late because I got up late and this morning lots of computer issues.  Isn't that how life is sometimes.  We have a great day like yesterday and then WHAM right in the face smack me down.  Discouraged and not even sure why.  Scared to death of what the Lord is asking me to do, and right in the middle of it all I have stopped losing weight, which frustrates me to death.  Well I said all this just to get it all out in the open how I am feeling this morning. 

Then the Lord gives me a verse.  From a strange place.  2 Chronicles 14:11 - Right before Asa is about to go into battle he says this to the Lord - "Lord, there is no one besides You to help the mighty and those without strength.  Help us, Lord Our God, for we depend on You, and in Your name we have come against this multitude. Lord, You are our God. Do not let a mere mortal hinder You." 

WOW - Lord do not let me a mere mortal hinder You.  Give me the strength to let go and let you do what you want in my life.  I am all yours.  Have no idea where you are taking me or how I am getting there, but I am all yours fully yielded to you.  Do not let me and my small mind get in your way of what you have planned.  Help me to be an assest to you and not a hindrance.  God, you are mighty and worthy of all praise and I thank you everyday that you loved a person like me.  A nobody that is so small and fragile week in mind and body and you have chosen to use me.  You have chosen to take me to heights that I have no idea where you are going.  You want me to trust and love you with all my heart, even when the self-doubt comes in I promise that I will love you even more.  No matter what I will trust you. 

2 Chronicles 15:12 Then they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord God of their ancestors with all their mind and all their heart.

 2 Chronicles 15: 15 All Judah rejoiced over the oath, for they had sworn it with all their mind. They had sought Him with all their heart, and He was found by them. So the Lord gave them rest on every side.

2 Chronicles 16: 7-10 - At that time, Hanani the seer came to King Asa of Judah and said to him, “Because you depended on the king of Aram and have not depended on the Lord your God, the army of the king of Aram has escaped from your hand. 8 Were not the Cushites and Libyans a vast army with many chariots and horsemen? When you depended on Yahweh, He handed them over to you. 9 For the eyes of Yahweh roam throughout the earth to show Himself strong for those whose hearts are completely His. You have been foolish in this matter. Therefore, you will have wars from now on.” 10 Asa was angry with the seer and put him in prison[a] because of his anger over this.

WOW- there are some very powerful lessons in the life of ASA.  When we put Yahweh as the Lord over our lives and leave him there and not take things into our own hands, what wonderful and amazing things happen.  He uses us and he gives us peace all around.  He wants to be the sole ruler in our hearts and minds. 

God I give you my heart and my mind.  Transform my mind to be your will. Take away my weak and under desirable unbelief and mistrust in your plans.  Let me be used by you.  Give me the words to say. Give me the eyes to see the different personalities and how I can relate to them.  Give me a heart for people.  Let me love them the way that you do.  Take away my judgmental attitude and eyes,  give me instead a heart of mistrust for everyone that I meet.  Help me to see what their real needs and make myself open to help them meet their needs.  Lord help me when I conduct the WLC to help people see that losing weight is more than just following a diet.  It is replacing the craving that they have for food with the WORD OF GOD.  It is letting the BIBLE become an important part of their lives.

They need to spend time growing each day.  Grow in the knowledge of the word of God.  depend on Yahweh and he will hand over what you need and your enemies.  He will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies.  God I love you. God I want to serve you. God I want to give $1000.00 to your ministry at World Vision.  God you are mighty and worthy of praise.  Thank you Jesus for your all knowing love and caring for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment