Thursday, July 19, 2012


July 19, 2012

Go Deeper Still
Wow – what a morning reading – The Lord is definitely trying to get me to understand that Fear should not be in my vocabulary.  Yesterday I listened to Dani talk about fear and how it is what paralizes 98% of people to never living much past paycheck to paycheck.  Yet the Lord never created us that way.  I wasn’t 100% sure that everything she said is true, but this morning the Lord kept reminding me that he is worthy to be praised and feared above all and when we as humans do this he will be with us and keep us in him will. Dani said that when fear comes on you to replace it with the fear of the Lord.  This is what I am doing with the verses below.  Realizing that God is who he said he was and that all I have to do is trust him and allow him to overtake the fear that so easily besets me.  It is just my old nature trying to convince me that God is not the one in control and all powerful.  Yet the scripture below definitely tells each and everyone of us something new and exciting.  It is an exciting way to live and think.  It is liberating in so many ways.  Each of us has our own journey, but when we tap into God it changes the possibilities totally.   

I Chronicles 16:25 - 30 – For the Lord is great and is highly praised; He is feared above all gods. For all gods of the peoples are idols, but the Lord made the Heavens.  Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and joy are in his place. Ascribe to the Lord, families of the peoples, ascribe to the Lord his glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory of His name; bring an offering and come before Him. Worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness; tremble before Him, all the earth.   AMEN

Psalms 84: 1-5 – How lovely is Your dwelling place, Lord of Hosts. I long and yearn for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh cry out for the loving God. Even a sparrow finds a home and a swallow, a nest for herself where she places her yourng- near your altars, Lord of Hoses my King and my God. How happy are those who reside in Your house, who praise You continually. Selah.  Happy are the people , whose strength is in You, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.

Acts 17:24-28
New International Version (NIV)
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

Just reading all this scripture makes me understand that God has me where he wants and maybe for the first time in my life.  I am hungry for the word of God like never before.  I am devouring it.  It is something I have always knew I needed and may be why I packed all this weight on.  I knew that I needed to be in the word.  I read a book concerning this and really didn’t get it until now.  I understand that when my heart and soul are well than I don’t have to eat in order to comfort myself.  I am getting feed with the best food there is.  The word of God.  Praise Jesus.  Amen. 

With this in mind I can proclaim Jesus as my unfearful God and guide in this world.  I can dream big for him and he will walk before me and take away the fear. He has it all under control. We just need to let him show us what he is capable of doing in our lives. Is it possible that when we do walk in his UNFEARFUL nature that something new an amazing can blossum that we were always AFRAID to dream


One last thought – My prayer today:  O Father, I see that the more I know of Your Word, The more effective I will be in resisting Satan.  Show me how to go more deeply into the Scriptures than I have ever done before. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment